How To Fix The Automatic Repair On Hp Laptop
The Automatic Repair tool on HP laptops running Windows 8 and above can help diagnose and troubleshoot boot errors. However, it may sometimes get stuck while diagnosing due to certain reasons, causing it to fail to work. Learn how to fix this issue now.
Although this automatic repair tool often fixes boot problems, there are times when it will simply restart endlessly. When this occurs, the user is faced with the blue screen of death or the black screen. Data that has not been saved will be irrevocably lost because this reboot cannot be stopped or delayed.
This dreadful automatic repair loop can happen for a number of reasons. Among the possibilities are missing or corrupted system files, issues with Windows Registry, incompatibilities with hard drives, Windows Boot Manager file corruption, or even faulty Windows updates.
If you notice that your HP is preparing an automatic repair during startup, you should try the following solutions:
Reboot your computer in hard mode
The system won’t reboot since windows are stuck on the ‘Preparing Automatic Repair’ error message or ‘Diagnosing your PC’ error screen. It is recommended that the computer be hard-rebooted. You should press the power button for 20-30 seconds and see if the system boots normally after removing the HP battery and AC adapter. Try the second solution if you are still experiencing the HP preparing automatic repair issue.
You should boot your device in Safe Mode
A Safe Mode environment can be booted on your device. Please follow these instructions:
- Shut down your device.
- Install Windows on your computer using a bootable installation disk.
- You can boot from CD or DVD by pressing any key in response to a prompt containing these words.
- Click on next after choosing your language preference on the Windows Setup interface.
- You can continue with Repair by tapping it.
- Click on Troubleshoot>Advanced options.
- Click on the Restart button under the Startup setting.
- After restarting, different startup options will appear.
- When you press F4, you will boot in a minimal Safe Mode, and you will press F5 when you want Safe Mode with Networking enabled.
Use CD/DVD/USB to update the hardware driver by running the Windows system scan in Safe Mode.
Increase the size of the system reserved partition
Your system’s reserved partition may be too small, resulting in HP preparing automatic repair stuck symptoms. Extending the system reserved partition is possible with the help of a third-party tool. You can check if the issue persists after extending the partition by restarting your device.
Restart the computer
After performing Startup Repair, users have reported that HP is preparing an automatic repair black screen has disappeared. You will need to perform the following steps:
- To install Windows on your laptop, insert the bootable drive, and then restart your computer.
- Once you’ve selected a language, click Next.
- Choose to Repair your computer from the menu.
- To start the repair process, select Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Startup Repair.
The boot record should be rebuilt
For users experiencing HP preparing automatic repair black screens, some recommend re-building the boot record:
- Your problematic laptop should be booted with a Windows installation disc.
- Install the software from the installation disk.
- Choose the language, then click Next.
- You can repair your computer by clicking on the Repair Your Computer button.
- Choose Troubleshooting.
- Enter the following commands into the Command prompt and then click on the Enter button.
- Upon completion of the process, restart the device.
HP is preparing an automatic repair black screen, so we have covered all possible solutions. Hope you can get the problem resolved with the methods above that we have provided.
If you want to skip the hassle and just want your laptop to be fixed by a professional, we are here to help you! CSE is one of the best repair companies in Kansas City, and we are dedicated to 100% customer satisfaction. Whenever you need help with your laptop, we are ready to help you.
Looking for a place that can fix your laptop? Contact us today!